- We promise to respect your personal information by keeping your data safe and private.
- We collect your delivery name and address for your orders – this is passed on to the courier so that they can deliver your order.
- We collect your billing name and address – this is to allow us to verify payment details and check for fraud.
- We collect your email address and send you order and delivery confirmations. We may use this information for Marketing (Details about this are mentioned below).
- We collect telephone numbers – this is so that we can call you if there are any issues with your order or to follow up on an enquiry that has been made
- For those who complete a VAT Relief Claim, we collect the users’ name and medical condition – this information is Private and Confidential, it is stored securely with us and is not used for any other purpose. We require this information to adhere to tax regulations
- We use tracking and other technology to provide analytics and offer a better shopping experience (Details about this are mentioned below).
- You have rights around your data – more on this in the GDPR section (link to GDPR page).
- We DO NOTsell or provide your information on to any third parties.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE ASK YOU TO PROVIDE:
For any orders placed on our website, we will ask you to provide the following information:
- Name and contact data for both billing and delivery purposes. We collect your title, first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data;
- The goods and services you want to buy;
- Medical condition – if you wish to claim VAT RELIEF, then we are legally obliged to collect the name of the person the goods are for and their long term medical condition or disability. This is NOT USEDfor marketing purposes. Please note that this information is kept confidential, secure and only used to account to UK Government HMRC should it be required.
- Payment details are collected on our website or over the phone. We do not store any credit card details – these are held securely by our Payment Providers.
- Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
COOKIES AND WEBSITE LOGGING:
Care by Mail uses a cookie, which is a small, anonymous text file placed on your device to help us follow you through our website so you can add items to the basket, continue shopping and buy when you are ready. This cookie doesn’t contain anything personal in itself as it is just a long string of letters and randomised numbers which gives your visit to our website a unique identity. You can browse our website without this cookie but you may not be able to add a product to the basket without it.
Browsing our website will also mean that cookies from carefully selected third party websites will collect anonymised data on our behalf. This is used for:
- Presenting you with more relevant results based on your browsing and what other people may have looked at;
If you wish, you can switch off third-party cookies in your browser settings but switching off our main browser cookie will affect your shopping experience.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
We may share your data with other reputable businesses and data processors to help provide you with a better service. Our requirement for this is that all third parties treat this data in full confidence to comply with all European and UK Data Protection and Consumer legislation.
- We will NOT share your data with third parties for their own mailing or marketing purposes
- We are entitled to disclose information should the UK Government, HMRC, Police or any other regulatory body request us to do so
- We may also share data with parties who may buy or sell any part of or the full business in the future
We offer various means of marketing such as email marketing and leaflets which is a great way to keep you informed of any offers as well products you may be unaware of. If you have consented to our email marketing and would not like to receive any more emails from us, then you will always have a simple way to opt out or amend your preferences with every email sent.
We take our security very seriously. In the unlikely event of a data breach, we will contact (via email) anyone affected by the breach within 5 working days of us knowing about it.
If you want to ask us a question or make a complaint about how we handle your personal data, then please get in touch with us via the Contact Us Page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.